Friday, September 11, 2009

Therapy and Stress Relievers

Making homemade cinnamon rolls relieves some stress
Tanner getting some stress relief

I found some cookies and cream ice
cream. And a big bottle of coke has
become essential.
And see Eliza'a cute picture--that
makes us happy.

Putting a puzzel together is relaxing therapy


Driving in Jerusalem is quite the stressful ordeal. I take a deep breath, clench my fists to the steering wheel and head out. I say to myself, "I don't really want to do this." And then the thought comes back to haunt me-- the thing I always said to my kids--"You don't have to want to."

Traffic laws here, and signs, and signals are just a "suggestion" of how to drive. The light signals turn yellow before the red light AND before the green light--at which time everyone behind you starts honking. It is like they are trying to create a honking melody. Cars nudge into your lane at no warning. Scooters and people appear in front of you out of nowhere. You should never plan on going anywhere in a hurry, as the traffic is always busy. All cars have dents and scratches. (I wonder why) If you get lost, (which I have done often) there is no where to pull over to rest your mind and figure out where you are. You just keep going around and around listening to the honking melodies until at last you see the "Mt. Scopus" sign and you heave a sigh of relief because you know you are headed in the direction of "home"-- even if you never found where you wanted to go.

And if you are lucky and find where you wanted to go, don't shout "hur-ray" too fast because---Where do you park??!! " To lose yourself is to find yourself " is my new motto. I know the more I get lost, the more I will find my way around. It just has to happen.

In the meantime we need some "stress relievers and therapy."



























5 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I wish I could enjoy those cinnamon rolls too. I get stressed out just being home with my kids sometimes. Driving there sounds crazy!! I wouldn't want to go out either, but it will get better! I'm so impressed that you hunker down and do it.

BTW, I love Tanner's hair!

JEsse said...

Totally cool mum. I love cinnamon rolls, especially the ones you make. You should just get some rollerblades to cruise the streets with or a skateboard! You can cruise like Marty McFly from Back to the Future and hold onto the cars and they can pull you! Genius.

BTW, Tanner is a bookend!

Tanner W. Manscill said...

I am an awesome bookend!!!

Talai said...

Oh my goodness Mom reading that made me start grinding my teeth. It sounds a little bit like Pittsburgh to tell you truth, only I am sure it is a million times worse. At least there I could pull over SOMEWHERE if I got lost and everyone spoke English. The rolls look so yummy. It looks like you are finding a way to make it feel a little bit like home no matter where you are!

Sharee said...

Jana, It is like you to make the best out of things. I love your wonderful personality and great example of a woman who will do anything the Lord wants her to do. I don't know that I would be as brave to move to a country where the main language is not English, let alone try and drive around. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful adventures with us. Keep the posts & pictures coming.