Monday, September 21, 2009

The Master Teacher

Here he is--doing what he loves the most--teaching!! And what better way to do it--On the site. See that smile on his face, and the thumb is up. He is thinking, "This is the greatest thing ever." We are at the Sorek Valley--one of the five valleys of the Judean Shephelah. Sampson was reared in the Sorek Valley and this provides the setting for the Sampson narratives in the Book of Judges. Beth Shemesh, a fortified Israelite town in the Sorek Valley, was a safeguard for the valley against Philistine. When the Philistines suffered for possessing the Ark of the Covenant, they put it on a cart and directed the animals toward the city of Beth Shemesh. Fun stories to tell here.

6 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I love seeing Dad in action! It truly is what he loves to do isn't it? Someone asked me the other day why you guys were over there. I responded, "fulfilling one of my Dad's dreams." It's true. I only wish I could sit in on one of his lectures.

JEsse said...

Cool Dad. I don't think I have ever sat in on Father's teachings, except for the occasional FHE. I am looking forward to it come April though. Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

lets see, i have never sat in on one of Dad's teachings, tours ended after Jesse and i never went on one and well i feel very left out.

Talai said...

Oh Boy, the memories of watching Dad teach on tour are all coming back. I saw a whole new Dad that week I was with him. I don't know if I will ever see him as happy and animated as he is when he teaches.

JEsse said...

The tour!

Jared said...

I never got to go on tour either but I did get to take your class at BYU... One of the highlights of my college career. I'm sure you are loving life in the Holy Land. Hope we can come visit soon.