Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Looking out my Back Door" The Dome of the Rock


This is one of the three views "looking our my back door." Sounds like the title of a country western song. By the way I have yet to hear any good country music since our arrival-"Oh My ackin breakin heart." This is our view looking west. I keep trying to look over the top of the hill to see if I can Lindon, Utah. No luck as of yet. We live on Mt. Scopus one of three consecutive hills on the Mt. of Olives just east to Jerusalem. The word Scopus is Greek and means "overlook.' It was the overlook for the Romans (10th Legion) 70 AD and the latter the Babyaloninas). These conquoring empires used Mt. Scopus, where I live, as their overlook into the city of Jerusalem. From Mt. Scopus they planned their attack on the city. There have been days when I feel like I to am a Roman soldier wondering why I am in this distant forigen land. Yes, me and the Roman soldier we have one thing in common, we are both here to conquor Jerusalem. I keep you posted as who is winning the battle. Onward Christian Soldiers.

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Wow! I can't believe you guys are there! That picture really makes me believe you are in a foreign land.

Anonymous said...

Awesome View

JEsse said...

Totally cool guys. I am lovin' the view. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes!

Talai said...

I really hope that we are able to get out there to visit you. I would love to look at that view with you.